Toying with story telling again.
“Some days the best thing is to put in a hard days work. Other days are best to lock up and go fishing. The problem is you never know which is which until it’s too late.”
This is a re-telling of Brighton and Lynarra’s story from earlier. I’ve decided that, like before, Lynarra is able to use magic, but I’m adding a steampunk-ish twist in that Brighton is a mechanical craftsman.
Anyway, story telling is starting to bloom again, which makes me happy. What do you think of the opening?
Check it out!
So the G13 game pad is only available in right-handed configuration. Being left-handed, this annoyed me on principal.
So I broke out the dremel tool, cut the joystick module off the right side, and moved it to the left. I extended the wires so it would reach. I have pictures of the process, but what this post is about is the part I just printed.
Had a great day hanging out with my wife. We went to a local distillery for moonshine tasting. Came home and made one of my ketogenic-friendly pizzas for dinner, then made up my own recipe of sorts for some no carb breakfast snacks.
Also, I should have an update on my potentially paying 3D printing gig. I’ve abandoned MeshMixer for design work. Instead, I use Fusion 360. I did in an hour of work in Fusion what took me almost a week in MeshMixer. Definitely an improvement. I’m loving working in it.
And that’s my day! Had a good time even without firing up the XBox. Yay, me!
I’ve been playing (and finished) Dishonored 2 for the last several days. I played low-chaos as Emily Kaldwin, which I really enjoyed. It also has a mode called New Game +, where once you finish a play through, you can start a second game and carry over all your skills from the first play through. So I started a second game as Corvo Attano, this time as high-chaos.
On the dismay front, I epoxied all the potentiometers into the GLaDOS controller, at which point I found that there is something electrically wrong with them. I have no idea what the deal is, but I will probably end up having to reprint the whole d@mn thing if I want to use the controller.
Which means I may find another way to control GLaDOS instead.
So I started doing the programming on my Arduino to make the big GLaDOS follow the little GLaDOS. Moments later the solid core, 24 AWG wire I used to connect everything on little GLaDOS started breaking loose from the solder joints.
The new servo seems to be working! A quick video showing some exercising moves for now. Next up will be adding the controller into the program and doing the scaling so I can start to puppeteer her.
I’ve spent the last several days learning to use MeshMixer, a 3D modeling software package. Sadly, I don’t think I can post any pictures right now, because the project I’ve been working on could turn into a paying gig. If it does, there’s a good chance I will make enough to pay for my printer (and possibly a bit more). Don’t want to mess that up. Continue reading
…from amazon. I found a 2kg-cm servo which will hopefully work better in the elbow joint. The old 1kg-cm servo burned out, so now I’ll be using a Hitec 31081S HS-81 Sub Micro Servo. I also ordered a pack of potentiometers for the controller piece.
I think I finally found a decent micro servo with enough torque:
So GLaDOS is torn apart again. I got the Arduino doing some servo cycling, but the elbow servo wasn’t strong enough and burned out. I had tried to mount the electronics in the base, but that was a bust as well.
I’m attaching some cat 5 to the leads to get the electronics mounted remotely and trying to find a micro servo with at least 3 kg-cm of torque.
Still moving forward though. More updates as events warrant.