Check it out!
So the G13 game pad is only available in right-handed configuration. Being left-handed, this annoyed me on principal.
So I broke out the dremel tool, cut the joystick module off the right side, and moved it to the left. I extended the wires so it would reach. I have pictures of the process, but what this post is about is the part I just printed.
I’ve been playing (and finished) Dishonored 2 for the last several days. I played low-chaos as Emily Kaldwin, which I really enjoyed. It also has a mode called New Game +, where once you finish a play through, you can start a second game and carry over all your skills from the first play through. So I started a second game as Corvo Attano, this time as high-chaos.
On the dismay front, I epoxied all the potentiometers into the GLaDOS controller, at which point I found that there is something electrically wrong with them. I have no idea what the deal is, but I will probably end up having to reprint the whole d@mn thing if I want to use the controller.
Which means I may find another way to control GLaDOS instead.
So I started doing the programming on my Arduino to make the big GLaDOS follow the little GLaDOS. Moments later the solid core, 24 AWG wire I used to connect everything on little GLaDOS started breaking loose from the solder joints.
I’ve spent the last several days learning to use MeshMixer, a 3D modeling software package. Sadly, I don’t think I can post any pictures right now, because the project I’ve been working on could turn into a paying gig. If it does, there’s a good chance I will make enough to pay for my printer (and possibly a bit more). Don’t want to mess that up. Continue reading
…from amazon. I found a 2kg-cm servo which will hopefully work better in the elbow joint. The old 1kg-cm servo burned out, so now I’ll be using a Hitec 31081S HS-81 Sub Micro Servo. I also ordered a pack of potentiometers for the controller piece.
I think I finally found a decent micro servo with enough torque:
So GLaDOS is torn apart again. I got the Arduino doing some servo cycling, but the elbow servo wasn’t strong enough and burned out. I had tried to mount the electronics in the base, but that was a bust as well.
I’m attaching some cat 5 to the leads to get the electronics mounted remotely and trying to find a micro servo with at least 3 kg-cm of torque.
Still moving forward though. More updates as events warrant.
Getting closer! Continue reading
Hooking everything up! Three of the four servos are in the lower part of the arm, so it’s getting a bit crowded in there. Continue reading